Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:11:19 -0700
For the last 4-5 months, the address owner-<listname> address appears to be
broken for Maelstrom, running 1.8d listserv.  The mail doesn't bounce, but it
does disappear into a black hole and doesn't get delivered to the owner of the
list.

I thought perhaps owner-<listname> address was being phased out, but learned
recently than many bounce processors attempt to deliver to that address, which
I caught after a subscriber emailed me a wierd hop bounce.

The response I got back from the listmaster is:

>Interesting.  Test mail I sent to SJUOWNER and SJU-X did quietly vanish,
>which looks like a problem to me too.  After sleeping on it, I realized
>the address must work since that's the one used by Auto-Delete.  You
>might try running this past LSTOWN-L to see if there's something we're
>missing here.  My copy of listkeyw.memo says non-decipherable mail (which
>mine was) should have been passed on to the owner.

Randy