"Mangione, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 16:55:12 +0000
Yes, there are better ways.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Listserv graphical interface, under "Subscriber's Corner". When you first bring that up, it takes a little time, because it's looking for all of your subscriptions. Once it completes, find the field that says "Show for Subscriber:" and put in the e-mail address of interest.  That will show you every list that that address is found on. From there you can click on the list name and edit that entry, as necessary. If you have multiple lists to change, by hitting the "Back" arrow twice, it will bring you back to the previous subscriber screen, where you can click on the next list to modify.

There are other clever things you can do, but try that first to see if it helps.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Managing multiple lists

All,

Are there any better ways to manage multiple lists?  I've got 10, and I'm spending stupid amounts of time adding/removing/updating users every time somebody joins/leaves/changes email address.  And even so, it feels like they're still out of date half the time.

At least half the problem is that I don't have a way to check which lists a given address is subscribed to short of checking each list manually.

Will Martin

Web Editor
North Dakota Library Association