Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:23:08 -0500
AS with everything, it all depends.

Other anti-spam, anti-viral techniques help can ameliorate, sometimes
with some customer frustration:

1) as mentioned, full or partial moderation
2) as mentioned, limiting MIME attachments
3) limiting size of postings
4) limiting who may post and from where (SERVICE=)
5) qualified postings (DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW until one or two
relevant  postings have been submitted)
6) list-owners willing to pay the price for 1) thru 5)
7) list-subscribers who value the list and the time commitment (and
resources) of the list-owners