Michael Appleby <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:55:33 -0400
Hello,

I am an owner of a moderated list.  Recently, we have been having trouble
with the noos.fr domain bouncing back some messages in such a way that
they bypass moderation and get posted again.  This is happening
inconsistently; no message is bounced by every noos.fr address and many
messages are not bounced at all.  The 'from' field in the mail header
remains unchanged from the original message, so to Listserv the message is
being sent by the editor.

Sometimes Listserv is able to stop the bounces being posted because the
body of the message is identical to the original, but sometimes the body
is subtly different (for example, in having one extra period), and so it
gets posted.

We do not have any trouble with noos.fr subscribers who receive the
digest.

We would rather not have to delete all our noos.fr subscribers, though I
realise we might have to.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what we
can do about this?

The full mail headers from the duplicate postings are very long, so here
are just the lines that show the 'bounce':

          (envelope-sender <[log in to unmask]>) by
          212.198.2.71 (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP for <[log in to unmask]>; 29
Sep
          2003 19:04:31 -0000

Thanks for any help,

Michael Appleby