Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:28:46 -0400
On 22 Jun 2007 at 16:35, Jim Morgan wrote:

> I've just had to set to nomail a subscriber when her "on vacation" message
> started replying to ever message on one of my lists.  Is there any way in
> the list configuration to block that type of message, or is there any advice
> I can give the subscribers on how to avoid the problem at their end?

Are the replies going directly to the senders of the messages, or are they
going to the list and getting distributed?

If they are going to the list and getting distributed, you can use the
CONTENT_FILTER to catch them before they get distributed. (See the Wizard)

If they are going to the senders, there's not much you can do other than set
her subscription to NOMAIL or DIGEST.

Subscribers should be encouraged to either remember to set their subscriptions
to NOMAIL or DIGEST before going on vacation, or take the trouble to set up
their OOO software to not reply to list mail. (Or not use OOO at all, but some
of them are required by company policy to set it up).

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp