"Wheeler, Doug (NTC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:01:27 -0400
I know that this seems to obvious, but is it possible that AOL's email client doesn't recognize embedded links at all?

Doug Wheeler
Sr. Technical Analyst - Information Resources
Neenah Technical Center
Georgia-Pacific Corporation
email : mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice : 920.729.8178 fax : 920.729.8164

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Hicks [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: AOL and clickable links

At 04:26 PM 04/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>At 16:20 04/15/2002 Monday, Russ Hicks wrote:
>
>>In my beta test for my bottom banner, I'm getting consistent reports from
>>my AOL users that they are not seeing ANY of the links below as
>>clickable.  They are all coming across as simple plain text.
>
>Is that behaviour different from when you email those links directly to
>AOL correspondents?
>
>/Pete

Pete,

No, it's very consistent.  Non-AOL people see those links as clickable
while AOL people see them as non-clickable plain text.  I did a test where
I emailed them ONLY to a select group of AOL people, and none of them saw
clickable links, just plain text.

Russ

Dallas, Texas
972-881-1451 home, 972-489-6169 cell