"Byron C. Mayes" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:42:22 -0400
On 6/23/2001 3:57 PM, Muhamed Alkhalil wrote:

> Is Outlook Express capable of inserting "Resent-" header lines in the
> forwarded mail? I need to moderate the postings in my list and I wonder if
> Outlook Express, my current email handler, can do the job. If not, what other
> programs support that?

Muhamed,

It sounds like your real need is a simple method of moderation and not
(necessarily) a new mail client. I've found that the simplest method is to
use the "Hold" option in the header. To quote the manual:

...When the "Hold" option is enabled (Send= Editor,Hold), the moderator(s)
may approve postings using the "OK" mechanism rather than forwarding the
posts back to the list. "Hold" is valid only with "Editor"...

With the following in your header:

 Send= Editor,Hold
 Editor= [log in to unmask]

All postings will be sent to the moderator by Listserv with a message asking
you to confirm with the OK mechanism. All you have to do is reply and put OK
in the body of the message and off it goes to the rest of the list,
"Resent-" headers unnecessary.

If you are only trying to catch messages that come from non-subscribers, put
the list name at the end of the Editor= line in parentheses:

 Editor= [log in to unmask],(listname-l)

There are several possible reasons -- mostly security-related -- to switch
from Outlook Express on the Windows platform. Listserv moderation need not
be one of them.

Byron

--
 Byron C. Mayes, MLS * Head, Library Systems and Technology
 Temple University Libraries