Fri, 9 Jan 1998 06:45:11 GMT
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 22:20:39 -0600, in message:
<[log in to unmask]>, Adam Bailey
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 1/8/98 4:54 PM, Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]> wrote...
>
> >----------
> >From:   Pauline M. Marshall
> >>For example, you can add two people with different cases ([log in to unmask]
> >>and [log in to unmask] are two different subscribers), but you can't delete
> >>them singly (if you ask to delete mmouse, both mmouse and MMouse get
> >>unsubed), but, as shown below, not only does it not care about case, it
> >>doesn't care about domain/machine names).  Aghghgh.
> >
> >If LISTSERV could automatically convert all user-ids to the lower case (as
> >a standard), it would solve the problem with double subscriptions.
>
> No, no, no. That would be wrong. RFCs state that usernames don't have to
> be case insensitive. On some systems, usernames ARE case sensitive.
>
> That's where this whole argument started.

        Thank you, I think that it is WONDERFUL that listserv makes
the domain-name insensitive (converts it to all upper case), but is
this problem that has been stated actually there?  I had two aliases
to this account ([log in to unmask], and [log in to unmask]), but
there is nothing to say that those two aliases DO point to one
account, those could be two entirely diffrent people, just as
[log in to unmask] could be a diffrent person than [log in to unmask]  Is
the case sensitivity issue ignored as Pauline is sugesting, and if so
how quickly could it be fixed?

                                        Jason Rasku

--
Intrested in hand made textiles and more?
Visit <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>

One World, One People, One MadNation
<http://www.madnation.org>

ICQ 6375239