Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:51:29 -0700
At 11:55 AM 12/18/98 -0500, Paul Karagianis wrote:
>...whatever.  What's needed is a clear convention for ID'ing who the buck
>stops with in owner disputes.

Gee, what if the list is started by A, who then adds B and C, and then A
leaves for some reason and B and C can't work together without A to kick
butt.  If A didn't tell someone in authority to change the above (say he
gets creamed on the freeway), then it still goes back to the one person who
is ALWAYS the arbitrator/judge/decision maker.   The LISTSERV manager.
Were I presented with such a situation, I'd hold the list, change the
header to take anyone but me out, and leave it like that until some higher
authority (whoever such jerks would whine to) decides it.  I'm not about to
get caught in the middle of a pissing match between jerks, and I certainly
don't want some listwar reflecting adversely on my institution.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/