Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 16:05:07 -0400
On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Don Wiss wrote:

> While Mary's solution will work, and is needed when people post from
> multiple accounts, all e-mail software that I know of lets the user set
> what they want in the From field. This will override what the mail server
> sticks in the field. Even Pine has it as one of its configuration options.
> This control is necessary so someone using a forwarded domain name (like I
> am) can put it in the From field, as the mailing software would never know
> you are using such.

        "Even Pine"?  In the world I inhabit, Pine is top of the line
in terms of features and flexibility!  The old VAX mailer that I use
all the time on another account doesn't give me any control over the
From field.  And, as a long-time listowner who has dealt with many
subscribers' address problems, I can assure you that that VAX mailer
is not unique.

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                              [log in to unmask]           *
*    University of Maryland, Baltimore County                               *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250                        http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/   *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *