Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 18:06:36 -0500
One thought that comes to mind is to issue a lists local command on the
tamvm1.edu listserver and look for fellow list owners and ask who is
running the machine.

Since they are using vm, try writing to: [log in to unmask] or

help or support or, if you know a more general domain for Texas A and M
which I think is in austin, write to postmster at that site explaining
the problem.

Short of having a Texas Ranger hand-deliver a written note from you to
whomever is in charge of the computing operation there, and have them
wait while a rreply is composed and bring it back to you, i don't know
any guaranteed methods of making contact.

Oh try:

[log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] or listmgr.

These seem to be generic ids used by some listserver sites to make
contact with them.

The main problem is everyone is busy doing what they really get paid to
do and with staff changes, everyone may think it is someone else's
problem to fix the listserver.

Oh some sites use postmist or postmistress!

I can think of a couple of postal administices on the net and they
prefer to be called the POSTMISTRESS not POSTMASTER!

Good luck.