Fri, 30 Jun 1995 03:13:54 -0500
While what Eric says about the potential of net.kook following through
on his lawsuit threat is valid, though you can't dismiss the possibility
of one with deep pockets, there is the other side, listowner having to
file to get rid of the idiot (though, probably, a court judgement
wouldn't deter such).

I just want to be sure that listowners have the means to defend themselves
against such nasty net.kooks .  Vindication is needed.  If this person has
been besmirching the listowner's character, morals, orwhatever hither and
yon, who knows what damage may have been done with a potential employer of
the listowner (or even the current employer).

My point is that if the *listowner* gets to the point where it seems the
the only recourse is a civil suit or charge of crime, there should be a
a resource available for material help, besides the pep-talks, advice, etc.
(I do contribute my share, don't I :-) ).  And in the event net.kook
really does have deep pockets and files suit, it would be nice to know
there is reliable backing from fellow listowners for defense, in case
one hasn't the means and there's no support from the host site.

Oh, heck, I don't know, I just don't want any good listowner to cave in
to threats based on sand due to lack of needed resources.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner