Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:47:54 -0500
I have a related question . . . . (at least I think it is, anyway)...  I am VERY new at being a ListServ site maintainer - just got a new install along with LSMTP on NT4 operational last week, and have permanent LAKs in place for both.

But I have this situation:    [log in to unmask] is the site postmaster, and is subscribed to a testing list.   Also [log in to unmask] is defined as the owner of the testing list, and is subscribed to the list.  Note the userid is exactly the same, but from VERY different source domains.  The list owner [log in to unmask] receives the server Notify messages when others join or leave, and receives postings to the list by other subscribers *except* when [log in to unmask] posts - those messages do not arrive in the mailbox of [log in to unmask] and I don't know yet if this is 'as designed' or some kind of glitch.  Postings by [log in to unmask] DO arrive in the mailbox of [log in to unmask] so the behavior is one-sided, or whatever, in its effects.  I'm the owner of both mailboxes in this scenario, so the effects of any changes will be easy to check, and I hope you don't mind that I've sanitized the addresses for the sake of privacy.

Any enlightenment anyone may offer will be gratefully received.

   Thank you!

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/11/00 07:51AM >>>
Is there a way to allow a user who is subscribed to a list with an email
address, for example, [log in to unmask] to send postings to the list from this
address as well as from [log in to unmask]

It seems to me that I've seen a switch that can be set to let the list be
more
[snip]

I don't know of a switch (if there is one I'd like to know, too). I always
subscribe all their addresses and set all but one to NOMAIL.