"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:03:34 -0400
>At 04:18 PM 10/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Personally, I think there should be some sort of internet standard for
>>e-mail which dictates that all lines of text must have a carriage return
>>and line feed at the end of every 80 characters.
>
>Except, Glenn, some people would have trouble with errors in
>their mailtpl file. ;-( Unless I turn off wordwrap, I *always* get
>an error in line 333 when I PUT it.
>Cheers,
>Lichen, Owner
>AgeSmart
>Fiftysomething-Women

Better yet, why not, then, create some sort of message parsing system from
within the actual list software?  or is that more difficult to do than it
sounds?

I guess what I'm asking is, would it be possible to program LISTSERV such
that it forces both a CR and an LF after every 70 characters or so on
every message, if one does not already exists?

Concievably, though, this could possibly slow down LISTSERV to the point
where it would no longer be such a useful function.  :-(

Glenn, dreaming