Harriet Bograd <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:43:15 -0500
I also find www.reference.com useful.  We use AOL as our listserver, and
although they are already using version 1.8c, they haven't installed the
Web archive facility.  They say they first have to work out issues related
to how much processor time it would take, how much storage, etc. (they
manage 770 lists).

Our list is private in the sense that only members can post messages, but
we want the public to have access to our discussions.  Thus I'm glad to be
able to point people to www.reference.com as one way to see what we've been
discussing lately.  I happen to think that the listserv e-mail based search
facility is more efficient, but newcomers may find a Web-based tool easier
to use.

Also, www.reference.com allows people to search a bunch of lists at once.

If AltaVista or any of the other general search engines are picking up the
content of my cyb-acc listserv, I'm not aware of this.

By the way, I must admit that I can't actually confirm that anyone has ever
really used www.reference.com to search our files.  I'm simply glad to be
able to offer it as one additional path. . . .

Harriet Bograd, Attorney/Consultant <[log in to unmask]>
Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York
Coordinator, Cyber-Accountability Listserv (to join, e-mail [log in to unmask])
Web site: http://www.bway.net/~hbograd/cyb-acc.html