"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 May 1995 08:04:37 -0400
My list is located in the US and always was and sponsored and funded
by US policy makers. I don't think that the law has passed yet, but it
is to be noted that these committees  have a tendency to draft
draconian laws which are amended before they are passed. However,
sometimes quite peculiar laws are passed. How readily can the changes
Eric described be effected. Computing and above all supercomputing and
virtual reality are certainly international and as a result of the
training we used to receive as part of our higher education in the
old Canadian system I am fluent in most International languages like
French, German and Spanish to a level where I publish, teach and
translate like a native speaker. Most of the high tech community
belongs to people from this educational background when Canada's goals
were international excellence and expertise. I think that most lists
are fairly calm however although in the past I believe people just
left lists where there were offensive individuals. -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]