W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:50:27 -0230
Pete Weiss writes:

> Not exactly.  The operative list keyword is RENEWAL=.
> As you have said essentially, e-mail is NOT symmetrical.  The RENEWAL
> keyword forces a "handshake" between subscriber address and the recipient.
> If they don't agree, then auto-deletion takes place (eventually).  This,
> regardless of subscriber distribution option of NOMAIL.
> --

So in other words, if I were to set RENEWAL= something very short, like
24 hours, then it would check all those addresses in the next 24 hours,
make sure they are all valid, and auto-delete the rest?

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406