Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 10:52:00 EST
>On Wed, 26 Jan 1994 08:17:11 EST Michael L. Bowden said:
>>After hearing the responses to my last query about mailforms, I decided to
>>create a welcome file for my list.  Would someone please tell me how to
>>make it available to the list?

>If a FILELIST for your list does not already exist then the LISTSERV
>Maintainer
>at your site needs to create it and a FILEID for you.

You can also create a general FILELIST to hold WELCOMEs and FAREWELLs for
lists that don't already have their own filelists.  Advantage to this is
less filelists.  Disadvantage is setting the FACs so the owners can
change their own welcomes.  I haven't bothered with this usually.  They
just send me their welcomes and I update them.