Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 21:17:36 -0400
Hi. It means that for some reason, mail is not being accepted, or delivered.
I don't know about a FAQ..good question.  Some sites defer mail for up to 21
days..it gets ridiculous, and this is why our errors get out of control. Our
computer is fussing with things that are not working, for DAYS> Ack. : b  I
don't know the reason, but I think there are many reasons for
this....sometimes accidental, sometimes systems go down for
maintenance..etc.  Does this help/? Kathleen

At 06:08 PM 6/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Could somebody explain to me what it means when the connection is "deferred"
>and therefore a site does not accept incoming list mail?  Or is there an
>FAQ somewhere that I could read about it?
>
>It seems that some sites "defer" mail almost forever.  Does that mean the
>site is up & running but misconfigured?  Malfunctioning?  Overbusy?  Is this
>a parameter that the postmaster selects as a policy decision?  Or what?
>
>Just trying to learn;  TIA.
>
>-rg
>
>---------- Ruth Ginzberg ([log in to unmask]) -----------
>: If no response, or if mail bounces from this address, then try :
>: Business: [log in to unmask]     Dog-Stuff: [log in to unmask]  :

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L
Independent Consultant with Excellent Sense of Humor : D
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html
LACTNET archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html