Shapard Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:40:03 -0700
Have any of you faced the issue of whether or not postings to a closed
list (open only to paid members of an organization, subscription
confirmed, not advertised, archives open only to subscribers) may be
quoted outside of the list?

This has happened on one of my lists, and the quote ended up in a
newspaper, and now the powers that be are asking if we should put a
footer in proclaiming that permission must be sought before quoting any
post without permission of the original author.

I'm sure this has come up before, and would welcome comments on how it
worked out for others.

Shap Wolf
Survey Research Laboratory, Arizona State University