Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:40:01 -0500
Obviously, I don't know all the details of how your newsletter is set
up, but it sounds to me like something you would want LISTSERV
Maestro for, rather than to try to use band-aids and chewing-gum to
rig up LISTSERV for what is essentially a social-engineering problem.

LISTSERV Maestro's mailing interface is especially designed for
newsletter situations where you have several people working on the
same mailing. It REQUIRES that every mailing go through a testing
process (i.e. a test mailing must be sent out before anyone can
approve it). You can set it up so that certain accounts can do
everything involved in putting together the mailing, up through
testing it (by sending it to a list of test addresses, which in your
case would be your moderators), And you can set it up so that another
set of accounts (e.g. your moderators) has "approval" permission. But
even if your moderators have the right to set up a mailing, they
still MUST test it before mailing it out.

It sounds to me like that may be exactly what you're looking for. No?

--
Francoise Becker

Are you subscribed to an innovative LISTSERVr e-mail list?
Nominate it for the "LISTSERV Innovation Award" by Feb. 1,
2006 at:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp