"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:04:16 EST
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:44:05 -0700 Dan Lester said:
>At 09:32 PM 1/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>>   I don't see much point, yet again,  in asking, as I have for at least
>>two years, that this list be tightened  up, unless more of you will open
>>your mouths and help effect some change!
>
>I don't know or care why Eric keeps it open.  Probably because a bunch of
>listowners, at least half of whom aren't very techie, would have to keep
>begging to be unsubbed when they change their own email addresses, etc.  o-)

   No.  And that's a silly reason, IMHO, if it were true.

>Besides, it lets folks see some of the fun spam.....all we need is for
>folks here NOT bitching about spam....and not starting a discussion of it.

   If you want to see spam, go to SPAM-L.  This is *NOT* a spam list.  I
would have thought that that was clear.

   Perhaps you will change your mind when the number of spams per day is
about 5 or  so.  Then, perhaps, you too will  "bitch" about it.  Perhaps
you are  one of the  lucky few people  who do not  have to deal  with 5+
spams a day.   I suspect you are  NOT on SPAM-L and  so don't understand
the extent of the  problem.  Perhaps you would like to  deal with the 37
spams I got today.  Make that 38.  Just 3 lists worth of spam.

>Finally, I wouldn't THINK of hassling Eric about how he runs his list.
>People on all my lists have also learned not to hassle me about it.  I
>listen.  Then I remind them of the rules and to chill.  Those who don't
>like it don't have to sub...and I'm always willing to help folks unsub if
>they need the help.

   Well, that's nice  that you are willing  to help, as most  of us good
folks are, but as a member of  this list, you better be damned well sure
that I *WILL* complain - to Eric or anyone else - just as I would expect
my subscribers to complain.  While, I too, am firm when need be, I don't
take the  starting attitude  of my responsibilities  being a  hassle.  I
wouldn't consider myself  to be a responsible list owner  if my attitude
was that I couldn't be bothered with making my list the best it can be.

>In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

   It depends, I would assume, if the eye were open.

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **
**         Watch EastEnders - The Soap Opera for REAL People!         **