Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:56:43 -0600
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:56:47 +0200, Daniel Salaciak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How can I get hold of the html pages and cgi scripts for this SIGNUPDEMO
>list?  I was successful at creating an html page like signupdemo.html .  But, it
>won't send emails or do anything because I don't have the binary, WA-
>demo.exe, on our listserv (I'm assuming WA-demo.exe is created from a CGI
>script).  It's not like I'm speaking from experience.

Go to the page http://demo.lsoft.com/signupdemo.html then in your browser
click on 'view source' (the location of this link varies in different
browsers, but all have it somewhere, usually under tools or page view)

Ignore the top 3/4 of the code which is all style sheet and misc stuff.
The core of the form is between these lines:

<!--------------- Begin LISTSERV(R) wa.exe example calling demo --->
<! Below is the basic code you will need to add to your site>
<!Note following URL for calling cgi script must be customized to your host>
<form action="HTTP://DEMO.LSOFT.COM/SCRIPTS/WA-demo.EXE">
<!--------------------- end of LISTSERV(R) example cgi calling code --->

You can modify the code if you desire.  For example, you can not use the
Topics and you are not required to ask for a user name.

If you have LISTSERV installed, then you already have the wa.wxe cgi 'script'
needed.

Simply change the <form action="HTTP://DEMO.LSOFT.COM/SCRIPTS/WA-demo.EXE">
to the name of your server:

 <form action="http://your.server.here/scripts/wa.exe">