Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:53:49 -0500
I have a user making the following report:

Date sent:              Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:28:53 -0500
From:                   Paula Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       Re: Where is SUB_NEWNAME template?

On Monday, February 14, 2000, Paul Karagianis wrote:

> Off the top of my head I can't think of why this would be specific to
> this site, and I'd like to know how to generate the error.

User clicks from /archives/listname.htm to 'Join or leave list' page
(SUBEDIT_MAIN).

User logs in using the Login link, if not automatically logged in, and
is returned to SUBEDIT_MAIN.

User edits text in name field, then clicks 'Update options' button.

In the space where an appropriate messeage is usually displayed, the
following appears:

              >>> Mail template "SUB_NEWNAME" not found <<<

> My initial reaction to this is that it's a bug and should be reported to
> LSoft via the LSTOWN-L list, but only if it's confirmed as their problem
> and not isolated to us.

I had to find a listserv list not on maelstrom that lets subscribers
change options to test. What happened after going through the above
steps is that results page displayed:

The name associated with your [log in to unmask] subscription has been
changed to "New_Name".

So, either they ([log in to unmask]) had the same problem and
fixed it, or there's something missing at maelstrom. Some of the
messages displayed come from forms in the mailtpl; some come from I
don't know where. :(

I'm able to reproduce the problem, the error appears in what I take to
be a page built on the fly by the wa.exe.  The requested change to the
name does appear to occur OK.
                                               -Kary