Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 20:18:08 -0500
Hi.

I'm the owner of GS-L, and I'm a bit concerned about the
"From " headers (note, no ":") possibly due to an upgrade
somewhere.  (I think these are taken from SMTP and stored by UNIX,
but they are sometimes used in mail filters.)  I am *not* referring
to the RFC822 "From:" header.

An "old" one:
  From [log in to unmask]  Tue Oct 29 20:35:21 1996

A "new" one:
  From <@listserv.gmd.de:[log in to unmask]>  Sun Nov 17 18:52:12 1996

The two "@" signs in the "new" version disturb me, because they
could mess up parsing.  Can anyone explain the purpose of this?

(I can send *all* the headers from both messages for anyone who
wants to see them, but didn't think it appropriate to post them
all here.)

Thanks,
Stan Ryckman ([log in to unmask])