Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 May 2003 14:21:10 -0500
Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've not heard of it.  But it's the evil kind of spam.  Like all
> the rest.

When I get phone calls like this, the conversation usually goes
something like:

me: I won!!  Really!  Oh man, that's awesome!

them: Yes.  We just need your bank account number to deposit your
winnings.

me: Oh man, I would, but my wife & I are going through a nasty divorce
and she has my bank account locked down.  Besides, I don't want her to
find out about it.   How about if I just come by and pick up the check
in person; where is your office?

them: We're in another state, and we have to have the account number for
tax purposes.

me: well, ok.  I suppose I can go open an account with no money in it
that my wife doesn't know about.  Can I have your phone number to call
you and let you know when it's open?

them: --click--

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University