Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 May 2004 09:36:16 -0400
At 01:14 05/19/2004 Wednesday, Paul Russell wrote:
>We have had several recent reports of list or delayed messages from
>subscribers at other .edu sites. One of the reports included the full
>headers from a list posting. The headers showed that the messages was
>sent via a LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE job which was sent from our LISTSERV
>server to listserv.iupui.edu. The headers also indicated that the
>delivery delay occurred between the receipt of the DISTRIBUTE job by
>listserv.iupui.edu and the subsequent delivery of the message to the
>recipient's MX host.

the backbone distribute  site:

  listserv.iupui.edu

is also controlled by MX:

Query:Mail Exchange (MX):listserv.iupui.edu
listserv.iupui.edu      MX      0       listserv.iupui.edu
listserv.iupui.edu      MX      10      internal-relay.iupui.edu

so there is a possibility that "internal-relay" adds a layer of obfuscation.

/Pete