Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 May 2007 10:00:45 -0400
On: Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:28:38AM -0400,Joyce Niblack Wrote:

} The site that hosts my lists recently had a major crash.  It isn't  certain
} how much data was lost.  The archives seem to be restored but I  would like to
} back them up to be safe.  The list is over a decade  old.  What would be the
} easiest way to make a back up.  What commands  do I use.  Would scan disks be
} suitable for storage.

You could do what I do.  Do you have a few gigs of spare space on your
PC?  Do an INDEX and a GET for the various files, then store them.  I
zip them to save space.  It will be a bit tedious for the back issues,
then you collect each month's archive as the month ends (or week if you
have weekly archives).

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67