Jim Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:52:19 PDT
snip

>These are the folks I hope to reach via redundancy in the ways in which
they
>can find instructions about how to use LISTSERV, and for whom adding
>additional information to the response to the QUERY command may be
useful.

I'm a relatively new listowner, but couldn't you type up some
boilerplate, send it to the list, then put it in the archives so it is
reachable with a GET command (instructions for which you could pass on
to the list periodically)?  Wouldn't that serve the same purpose as
modifying the QUERY command in the LISTSERV?

>The idea of using the top banner to point to the instructions in the
bottom
>banner sounds like a good one, and I will implement this ASAP.

Yeah, but it certainly would/will clutter up your archives with zillions
of useless words.

Jim Lewis