"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:20:00 EDT
>Is there any way to make sure mail commands (such as nomail, digest,
>unsubscribe, etc) do not get posted to the list address?

The only way that I know that is bullet-proof is full moderation.
Less restrictive is putting a bottom_banner (using the template
feature) but even that does not seem to always "register" on
the read-only RAM of the users.

Since you are using the TOPICS= feature, it might help if
you do a

QUIET SET RW-L TOPICS -OTHER FOR *@*

Most folks mailing LISTSERV commands to the list probably would
not using one of the valid topics and thus would be in the category
of OTHER.

>Even though I have told people time and time again to send their commands
>to the listserv and not the list  address, sigh, there are always those who
>can't seem to follow directions.

Yes, that is a universal truth dealing with mailing list managers
and users.

>Also, is there a report that can be run to see how long someone has been
>subscribed to the list, or how long that have been set to nomail?  And is

Not a way supported by current L-Soft software.

>there a way to be notified (similar to when someone subs/unsubs to list) when
>someone changes their settings (i.e. mail to nomail)?

Probably the closest method is * VALIDATE= YES and even that
isn't bullet-proff.

You might have to using * EXIT= processing (an area that I know
nothing about).

VALIDATE= and EXIT= are better described in the output of a
LISTSERV command

INFO KEYW

/Pete Weiss at Penn State