Kevin Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:28:14 -1000
Not for creation of a list but as part of the subscribe process. My list
requires a registration and providing of background information to the
listowner, including an affirmation they have read the rules and agree to
follow them. When the send the subscribe command they used to automatically
get sent a questionaire we set up.  Now they get the introductory message
and a link to a Google spreadsheet form with the questions.  When they hit
subit it automatically populates the Google spreadsheet with the ansers.
Even better the forms gadget on my iGoogle page automatically bolds that
spreadsheet name lists the number of responses the number of new submittals.
The form is easy to create and  includes my own customized  confirmation
message. Forms can aso be created that give you the option of sending it via
email with the submit buttom in the email itself as well as including the
link to the form's webpage if they can't see the form prpperly in the email.
The best part is that it's all free, though you may need a gmail account as
your google ID to start. But that's easy enough to do and you don't even
need to use it for email. Now my registrations are all neatly found in one
spreadsheet rather than a folder of randomly formatted email messages in my
mailbox.

Aloha,

Kevin Doyle
Patch-L