Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 May 1998 19:03:47 -0400
"Paul Wayper (DPI ISD)" <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>I've searched the archives on LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L and, although I found a
>couple of requests similar to this, I found no replies.  Hopefully those
>people were told privately of the cure for their ills; I'd rather not think
>about it being an insoluble or unacknowledgeable problem...
>
>I have a list which I'll call foo-l.  In my site.catalog I've put:
>
>foo-l.catalog c:\files\foo-l\catalog.txt private(foo-l) owner(foo-l)
>
>In foo-l.catalog, I have
>
>file1.txt
>file2.txt

That is an usual one of doing it. Generally it would be

foo-l.file1
foo-l.file2

>(as pointed out in a previous post, I can leave the system filename out if
>its stored as the same file I want to list it by, and I can also leave out
>both permissions as they will default to the permissions of the catalog
>file).
>
>Now, I've tried the following commands:
>
>get file1.txt
>get foo-l file1
>get foo-l file1.txt
>get foo-l file1 txt

For the above (as I wrote) it would be:

get foo-l.file1  or
get foo-l file1

>all with the same result:
>
>"The system does not have any file named <filename>."

You haven't stated that you put the files there after adding them to the
catalog. Did you do this step? Did you get back a confirmation saying the
file was successfully stored?

Don.