Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:53:28 -0500
We have put together a standard message that answers many questions people
send to the list owners and put it in as the REQACK1 template, with a note
that says "if what you asked about is below we won't respond personally".
That part of the system is working fine.

However we also have a farewell message which asks for a response about
why people have left the list.  The farewell message appears to be
(appropriately) sent with the -request address as the reply-to.

My question is, is there any way to avoid having the REQACK1 material sent
back to people who respond to the farewell message?  If we can't avoid it
altogether, one thought that occurred to me was to adjust the template so
that if the Subject matches what we use for the farewell message they get
a completely different acknowledgment back that just thanks them for
answering -- but I'm not sure whether one can test the Subject field in
the template, or how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-----