Nate Tassler <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 May 1994 20:55:43 EDT
>>It will be interesting to see how they handle hundreds (if not thousands)
>>of irritated sysadms (or users) changing their sendmail.cf file or incoming
>>filters to dump core files to their site everytime they receive mail from
>>them.........
>
>My guess would be they would handle it with legal action of some sort.
>That may be where they see their profits really coming from.  Might
>be a good idea for list owners and administrators to discuss appropriate
>the defense to the company's unsolicited advertizing.

I think that after all their speaking about how there are no
legal controls on internet, they'd have a real hard time winning
the case.  As for me, I would be thrilled if the net figures out
a way to systematically crash Pericles.COM (accidentally, of
course) and render it completely inoperative.

-Nate