F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:13:17 +0000
Hi,
I have a list which sends out notifications re software.  The software vendor has a service to send these out.  The service account is subscribed to the list.

The account is often being served out for no reason I can tell.  The account is explicitly permitted in "Send= ".  It is subscribed, but the subscriber options set are:

NOMAIL         You have temporarily turned off your subscription and will
               not receive any mail from the list
SUBJECTHDR     Full (normal) mail headers with list name in message
               subject
NOREPRO        You do not receive a copy of your own postings
CONCEAL        Your subscription is concealed from non-privileged users;
               note that posting to the list will reveal your presence
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
NORENEW        You are never required to confirm your subscription to the
               list
EDITOR         Your postings are not forwarded to the moderator for
               approval

So there should be no problem, yet there is.   I do not see what triggers the address being served out, so cannot find out why.  Might it be better to remove the subscription (it is set to "nomail", but is explicitly permitted to post)?  Or am I just missing something?

Thanks for any advice.
--Joe