Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:47:16 -0500
I am receiving a lot of bounce messages, and its making me wonder
whether or not things are configured correctly. I had thought that
Listserv would do the bounce processing for me (or at least to the
greater extent). The List is [log in to unmask], but the Listserv and
LSMTP-lite are running on host listserv.lists.rc.on.ca

Here's my configuration;

Inbound:
Internet --> Microsoft Exchange 5.0 for [log in to unmask]
MSX smtp forwards --> LSMTP [log in to unmask]
LSMTP --> Listserv on same box

Outbound:
Listserv --> LSMTP on same box
LSMTP --> Internet as [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Moderator/Owner: [log in to unmask] mailbox resident on MSX not LSMTP
pop3.

So the errors come in on the [log in to unmask], which is an alias
for my moderator/owner account. Should that address be directed to the
[log in to unmask] address? I'm sure more details are required, so just
ask and I'll provide them. Any help would be appreciated as I seem to be
spending way too much time list managing (I currently have 2430
subscribers and typically get 40 or 50 bounce messages per message).

Cheers,
Russ
R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security

NTBugTraq mailing list:
Send SUBSCRIBE NTBUGTRAQ Yourname to [log in to unmask]