Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:13:58 -0600
In a prior note I mentioned that a subscriber to one of my lists
could not get to the geocites.com URL because it contained "hatespeech."

Some people seem to have gotten the impression I was complaining about
geocities.com (or should we call it Yahoo now?).  Absolutely wrong.
What I was asking about was the ISP not allowing the person who is
paying for access to get to that addresss, a "morals" decision by the ISP.
I had never encountered that before, so asked.

I will give the ISP the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just
protecting themseleves, don't want a third party liabilty because they
provided access to  the text of _Macbeth_  which may portray witches in a
negative light, clearly hatespeach, nepolicore.

I was NOT accusing geocities of any wrongdoing, I was wondering about
a commercial ISP refusing a customer access to geocities.

If anyone runs into a 'possum in a skiff out there, would you send
him this a ways?  This swamp is getting tricky.

Douglas