Nicolas Graner <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 May 1996 23:48:22 +0200
>There are thousands of messages in LISTSERV, and only a small fraction of
>them  really benefit  from customization.  The MAILTPL  files were  never
>designed to  allow LISTSERV to  be translated.

Point well taken. However, even for my English speaking list, the choice of
customizable messages seems rather restricted and arbitrary. I'm curious to
know how the selection was made and if it's likely to be extended in the
future.

If one more message could be customized, I'd vote for the subscription
confirmation request for Open;Confirm lists. It determines the first
impression new subscribers get from the list, and as an ambassador it should
reflect the owner's desires.

Nicolqs