Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Sep 1994 09:09:09 PDT
On Tue, 20 Sep 1994 18:18, Lydia Fish <FISHLM@SNYBUFVA> wrote:
> Does anyone know what happened to the AVIATION list?  Some of my list members
> were asking about it and I haven't gotten a posting from it in over a year.
> Did it merge with something else or just go away?

I sent the command 'LIST GLOBAL /AVIATION' to 'LISTSERV@UBVM', and got:
+---
| Search string: AVIATION
|
| Network-wide ID  Full address      List title
| ---------------  ------------      ----------
| AVIATION         AVIATION@BRUFPB   General Aviation List
+---
I sent a 'REVIEW AVIATION' command to 'LISTSERV@BRUFPB', and got:
+---
| From BRUFPB(LISTSERV): File "AVIATION LIST" has been sent in Netdata format.
+---
and:
+---
| *  General Aviation List
| *
| *  Auto-Delete=Yes,Full-Auto
| *  NOTEBOOK= YES,B,MONTHLY,PRIVATE
| *  OWNER=rodrig@BRUFPB (Jose Rodrigues)
| *  REVIEW= PUBLIC
| *  SEND= Public
| *  SUBSCRIPTION= OPEN,Confirm
| *
| *  THIS LIST IS DEDICATED FOR GENERAL AVIATION
| *
| * Total number of users subscribed to the list:  195  (non-"concealed" only)
| *
+---
So, other than being hosted by a "distant" server,
this list seems to be functional, although I haven't looked
at the NOTEBOOK files, because I'm not authorized to do so.