"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 13:03:39 -0400

>1000 persons subscribe to our daily listserv-newsletter, but we get a
>message like this back after sending a message to the list:
>
>Your message dated Mon, 13 Oct  1997 11:55:11 +0200 with subject "971013
>Dagens SverigeNytt" has been successfully distributed to the SVERIGENYTT
>list (259 recipients).
>
>Can anyone explain the difference between the number of subscribers (1000)
>and the number of recipients (259)? Are the messages too big (like 8 pages)
>or can't the subscribers receive messages from listserv due to firewalls
>etc? Or what?
>Anybody have a clue?
>
>Pål Török
>SverigeNytt
>Sweden

Those people subscribed but set to nomail will not recieve the message.
Also, those people subscribed and set to digest are not counted in this
measurement.
Also, those people who are only recieving subject lines are not counted in
this measurement either.
Also, those people subscribed and set to conceal (I think) are not counted
in this measurement either.

Hope that helps

Glenn