Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:20:41 -0500
Hal Keen wrote, in part,  on 11/13/2005 5:09 PM:
> I would like to clean out the accumulation of NOMAIL subscriptions from
> defunct addresses.

Why bother unless this is a licensing issue?

The neatness freak in me remains suppressed whenever I consider cleaning
out my lists.   If it costs me time and annoys my subscribers, it had
better have a great payback ... and, IMHO, this one does not!

In addition, NOMAIL is one of those subscription flags whose meaning is
overloaded is you use it for anything except a subscriber wanting a
subscription and no distributions.

Given the wide variety of reasons a subscriber might set an address to
NOMAIL, I see no good way to separate the wheat from the chaff!   So I
remain very happy using passive probing and ignoring my NOMAIL
subscriptions.

cheers, wayne