Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 19:36:20 -0500
On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Roger Burns wrote:

> An intermediate step to consider is to simply set Review= Owner .  That
> way, no subscriber can obtain your address list, while at the same time you
> will not be burdened with questioning and manually processing new subscribers.

     Thanks, Roger, for the suggestion.  I've been thinking about that
possibility, too.  I was reluctant to pursue it because it seemed to me
to inconvenience subscribers, some of whom like to be able to check the
subscriber list to see who else is on the list or to get someone's address
(yes, they can always ask me for a copy of the subscriber list, but I suspect
most people won't do that.)  But perhaps that IS a better solution,
nonetheless.  (I'd still welcome any thoughts people have about the
subscription= by_owner alternative.)

     Again, many thanks.

     Joan Korenman

*       Joan Korenman                 Internet: [log in to unmask]           *
*       U. of Md. Baltimore County                    or                    *
*       Baltimore, MD 21228-5398                [log in to unmask]     *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *