"Janusz S. Bień" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:33:21 +0100
Hi!

After a long break (I used to own lists on PLEARN), since several days
I am again the owner of some lists hosted at Listserv 1.8d in Toruń
(Poland).

The list will serve Polish Linguistic Society, and configuring them
properly is rather urgent for me. From the documentation I know how to
set the Latin-2 coding for welcome files and templates, but I still
don't know how to set it for the list header.

To be precise, it is possible of course to use national letters stored
as SGML entities, but this is not what is needed, for example the
following message is unacceptable:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003  "L-Soft list server at LEiZ TORMAN, UMK (1.8d)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Data: 2003-11-19 Czas: 12:16:03
>
> Twoja subskrypcja  listy pocztowej PTJ-Z-L (Lista  Zarz&#261;du Polskiego
> Towarzystwa  J&#281;zykoznawczego),   zainicjowana  przez  administratora
> listy  ("Janusz   S.  Bie&#324;"  <[log in to unmask]>),   jest  obecnie
> aktywna.
>

> Angielskojęzyczna wersja komunikatu:

[...]

The header was edited using the WWW interface, and the following
template was used:

>>> ADD1 Informacja o zapisaniu na listę &LISTNAME

.CS ISO-8859-2
.re owners

Data: &ISODATE Czas: &TIME

Twoja subskrypcja listy pocztowej &LISTNAME (&TITLE), zainicjowana przez
administratora listy (&MBX(&INVOKER)), jest obecnie aktywna.

Angielskojęzyczna wersja komunikatu:

.* You have been added to the &LISTNAME list

&WEEKDAY, &DATE &TIME

You have been added to the &LISTNAME mailing list (&TITLE) by
&MBX(&INVOKER).

.im $SIGNUP

I searched LSOWN-L archive for some hints but wasn't able to find any.

I will appreciate your help.

Best regards

Janusz S. Bień
(a computer scientist and a linguist, vice-chairman of Polish Linguistic Society)

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)