Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 04:17:09 -0400
>   However, when messages are approved by the
> moderator, they show up as being FROM him, with no indication of whom
> actually originated the message.

Are you using the procedure of Send= Editor,Hold ?  Responding with "ok"
should have Listserv release the message and post it as though it came
formthe originator.

> Also, we have had one occassion where a message originating from the Usenet
> side was posted (to the Usenet group only, not the list, I believe)
> *without* the approval of the moderator.
>
> Could someone with more experience in listserv-to-usenet gateways give me
> any pointers, or point me in the direction of someone who can?

That could happen if someone forged the Approved line.

Gateway questions are best taken up on the newsgroup bit.admin.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]