Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 20:08:00 EDT
> >For example, if someone wants to  change his e-mail address on the list,
> >he can simply go to the Web interface and change it himself. No more "my
> >ISP changed names, can you change my e-mail address for me?"
>
> You can also do that with LISTSERV (1.8d), [snip]

I hope that LISTSERV 1.8d also has a command to change a user's
address, including wildcard support.  We are constantly having a bunch
of our addresses changing for one reason or another, with no easy way
to fix them on our LISTSERV's lists.  Even delete/add is a problem
because of the confirmation process and the loss of option settings.
In the case I encountered yesterday, there are 108 subscribers whose
addresses are being changed.  This is far from the first or last
occurance.