JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Aug 1993 17:55:07 -0400
Roger Burns said:

> I own or co-own 8 Listserv lists, and I pay nothing for that privilege.
> Your Congressman is being treated just like everyone else and is being
> given a privilege that is not for sale.  Therefore the monetary value of
> what is being granted should be listed as $0.

  Are you implying that if Joe Blow walked in and asked you to set up
a list for him, you would do it?  I suspect that while the Congressman
is being given a privilege that is not for sale, he is still being given
it BECAUSE he is a Congressman; it is still a favor that is being done
him because of his role and not a right that adheres to him as a private
individual.
Judith Hopkins                            VOICE: (716) 645-2796
Technical Services Research and Analysis Officer
Central Technical Services                FAX:   (716) 645-5955
Lockwood Library Building
State University of New York at Buffalo   BITNET: ulcjh@ubvm (OR, ubvms)
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200             INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
          Listowner: AUTOCAT@UBVM or [log in to unmask]