Jane Lyle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:26:47 -0500
We've been having this problem recently, and in each case the subscriber
(two so far) has used Blackberry to send the post. We would like to find a
solution, too, because even though the posts look fine in the archives and
when sent individually, they wreak havoc in the digests. At first we
thought it was basically a line-wrap problem, but the headers include
these lines:

1) Comments: RFC822 error: <W> TO field duplicated. Last occurrence
was retained.

2) Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

So now we're assuming that it's the base64 encoding that's the problem.

It also seems to happen only when the sender replies to a message, not
when he composes a new message.

I'm not sure if this is your same problem, Stephen, but if your problem
posts are also sent via Blackberry, then maybe we can find a solution.

Jane Lyle
co-owner, Copyediting-l