James Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 May 1994 16:20:02 CDT
On Mon, 23 May 1994 17:14:05 EDT you said:
>>After seeing a piece on the CBS news on Sunday the Green card lottery folks
>>are planning to form a company that will do nothing but post ads to what they
>>describe as "every internet group".  Has anyone heard if they have registered
>>a domain to send the mail from?
>>
>>I am planning to SERVE ... OFF and or filter that domain when I know who
>>to watch for...
>
>Their host (they own it) is pericles.com.  Their new company's name
>is Cybersell, and cybersell.pericles.com is served by pericles.com.

It will be interesting to see how they handle hundreds (if not thousands)
of irritated sysadms (or users) changing their sendmail.cf file or incoming
filters to dump core files to their site everytime they receive mail from

"Oops.  Sorry cyberspell.pericles.com.  I must have a slight sendmail config
 error.  I have no knowledge of how my site could have dumped a 500M file
 into your spool directory.  I'll fix it as quick as I can but it may have
 been in the distribution file I ftped from 127.0.0.1......."

-- jf