Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:28:20 -0400
Someone please refresh my foggy memory, I can't seem to pinpoint the current "state of the art" in the archives/manuals:

Traditionally, email is case-sensitive to the left of the '@' and case-insensitive to the right (RFCs and whatnot).

Listserv used to be picky about case enforcement, then somewhere along the way it got a little more forgiving for certain commands (query, delete, etc).

I also seem to recall a global configuration magic flag to make Listserv even less picky about case enforcement.

But my immediate problem is in enforcement of Send= policy.  I have a list with Send= Editor,Confirm and Editor= somebody@somewhere,(OTHERLIST) where the OTHERLIST is a list of approved senders.  It appears that Listserv (14.5) is being case-sensitive about this check, and I would really like it NOT to be case sensitive.

Is there a solution to this?  Is this a LSTOWN-L question?

Jeff