Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Apr 1993 20:40:00 +0200
On Mon, 5 Apr 1993 14:21:27 EDT Bert Bruner <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I think  250 people  who want  to learn  about something  out of  half a
>million users  is pretty good!(Actually,  there are  a lot of  people on
>many lists; It's probably more like 30,000 users.)

There is a small amount of power  users subscribed to a pretty big amount
of  lists, but  "normal"  users  only subscribe  to  a  handful of  lists
because, unless your profession is  related to computers, you haven't got
time to waste on the computer  with mailing lists not directly related to
what you  are doing, not to  mention all these complicated  commands, and
there aren't many mailing lists directly related to what you are doing.

  Eric